- Risk Of Rain 2 Achievements: A Complete Guide - November 3, 2021
- For Honor Tier List: Which Character is The Best? - November 2, 2021
- Soul Calibur 6 Tier List: Best Characters You Can Play - November 2, 2021
Pillars of Eternity 2 is an indie crowdfunded project that captures the glory days of CRPGs. The game is not for casuals and was created for those who are seeking a challenging experience. However, its specific niche in the gaming industry can present some inconveniences that can potentially ruin the experience.
Therefore, developers and players create mods to improve the game or make it easier to play. Also, some mods are quality of life changes that will make it easy to play the game but not provide a tactical advantage.
Moreover, mods can add a new depth to the game that wouldn’t have been there otherwise. Some mods will provide a new playable character, weapons, and useful items. After completing Pillars of Eternity 2, try out the mods to see the game in a new light. Today, we’ll go over the best mods that you can try out right now!
What Are Pillars Of Eternity 2 Mods?
Mods are an alteration of a small or big aspect of the game. They can make the game more enjoyable by adding new mechanics, characters, items, skills, and so forth. Often, mods are created by the community of the game. This is great since players know what’s missing and which improvements can make Pillars of Eternity 2 a superior RPG.
Furthermore, mods can continue the success of the original game when it becomes outdated. Therefore, we recommend playing the vanilla version of Pillars of Eternity 2 first and then using mods. This is so you experience the game how the developers intended.
How To Install Pillars Of Eternity 2 Mods
Installing mods can seem tricky if you’re not tech-savvy with computers. Incorrectly placing files can corrupt the game, which means you’ll need to reinstall it. Therefore, follow these steps on how to install Pillars of Eternity Mods:
- Go to the installation folder of Pillars of Eternity 2.
- Then go to the PillarsOfEternityII_Data folder.
- Create a folder called “Override”. If this folder already exists, go to the next step.
- Download the mod file and extract the content to the “Override folder”.
- Launch Pillars of Eternity 2.
- Click “Options” and then “mod manager”. Here you will see the mods list that is activated.
How To Select Mods
There is a huge library of mods for Pillars of Eternity 2, which can overwhelm first-time users. Choosing the right mods can make the experience far better as they add new content and quality of life changes. However, all players are different and have different needs. Here are a few guidelines when selecting a mod:
What fits your playstyle:
All gamers have different styles, from the tank, ranger, or mage. Mods can change how you play the game by adjusting or adding new content to the game. Therefore, you should install mods that will complement how you like playing.
Quality of life changes:
These mods may not change how you play but will make the experience of gaming much better. They are needed to make gameplay smoother and easier. Also, they are often compatible with most mods in Pillars of Eternity 2.
Use reputable websites:
Players can find all types of horror stories online of downloading a malicious file and having their data stolen or computer corrupted from viruses. Therefore, you should ensure that the mods you download are from a trusted website.
There are a few steps that you can take to ensure the mods are safe. You can read online reviews of the site and see what experience other players had. Secondly, you can check out the mod rating and the comments left by gamers.
The Pros And Cons Of Using Pillars Of Eternity 2 Mods
Mods can be great for games as it adds a lot of new content to enjoy. However, there are negative aspects of mods that you should know. These are the pros and cons of mods for Pillars of Eternity 2:
- New content: After going through your first playthrough, there isn’t much more to explore. You can try new main characters, but generally, the content will be the same. Mods can add a new depth of enjoyability. Mods can add new enemies, items, armors, and weapons. Some mods will provide new classes and sub-classes to try out.
- Quality of life: Some mods will provide quality of life fixes that the developers didn’t think to add or would take too many resources to implement. However, gamers who love Pillars of Eternity 2 have created multiple quality of life mods. They can improve the UI, add more settings, and make the overall experience more smooth.
- Easy to install: Before, game-changing content from mods was difficult to install since you must know where to place the files. Pillars of Eternity 2 has a simple installation process for mods. All you’ll need to do is download the mod and copy-paste it into the override folder.
- Potential viruses: Many websites offer downloadable mods for the game. However, while some sites are legitimate other websites can provide malicious files. Make sure to download your mods from trusted websites that have multiple positive reviews.
- Game breaking: Mods that are not done to completion or rushed can be potentially game-breaking. There’s no worse feeling than spending hours only for the game to break due to a mod not being correctly coded. Also, installing multiple mods can be harmful because they might not be compatible with each other.
The Best Pillars Of Eternity 2 Mods
These mods have gained popularity amongst the Pillars of Eternity 2 because they improve the overall experience. The mods can provide quality of life features and fixes. Also, they can add more content to the game, so gamers who have completed the vanilla version have something to look forward to.
Alternate Class Features
Companions in Pillars of Eternity II are incredibly diverse. However, more content is never frowned upon. The Alternate Class Features add more character classes for select companions.
This is a huge change as it gives players more customization for classes and subclasses. Also, the mods are very well balanced, so these new features will not break the game by being overpowered.
Extended Spell Collection
The extended spell collection is not for those who like a balanced experience. These new spells pack a punch when casting and will deal heaps of colossal damage.
Some of the spells are taken from classic role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. Furthermore, you’ll receive more magical items that will help during questing. The mod pack is ideal for playing the mage and adding more abilities to your arsenal.
Deadly Deadfire 4
Are you a veteran in the RPG space and find vanilla games like Pillars of Eternity 2 not challenging enough? Deadly Deadfire 4 is not for the casuals. The mod will increase the difficulty significantly and change the dynamics of the game. You’ll have to play more carefully and use items and resources more efficiently.
However, not only will the mod increase difficulty, it will introduce tons of gameplay tweaks that will keep you on your toes. If the base difficulty increase is not enough, there is a higher level called hardcore. This version takes no prisoners and is ultra-difficult to beat.
More Spell Castings Per Encounter
The magic system in Pillars of Eternity II is super well-rounded, making spell-casting classes quite effective. If you prefer using magical classes, then the More Spells Casting Per Encounter mod is perfect for you. It gives wizards, druids, and priests more usefulness in battles. Also, the mod will let your character cast more powerful spells.
Furthermore, the mod has a progression system in place so that players can’t abuse powerful spells. However, the base spells will make fights a lot easier.
Everybody loves pets, so why not have them as adventuring companions! The Pet Unlocker mod lets you acquire pets that will help you on your journey. There are 66 pets found in the game, and they can be captured at any time. They all have unique aspects to them, which can provide a significant advantage during fights.
No Attribute Cap
Having caps on any level game can become frustrating as players don’t feel the hunger to play once they reach maximum attributes. However, the No Attribute Cap aims to beat this problem by increasing the attribute cap level to 999. Also, your character will scale accordingly, which can lead you to do god-like damage.
More Custom AI Conditions
Controlling your party members is vital during challenging boss encounters. Without moving your characters correctly, you face the issue of losing too many hitpoints quickly. However, you can use this AI mod to make the game less click-intensive.
More Custom AI Conditions showcases new general and class-specific conditions that will let you customize the behavior of your AI-controlled party members. To simplify, you can change how your party members will behave in very simple ways.
Unique Companion Armors
All Pillars of Eternity II companions come with unique equipment, armor, and weapons. However, they quickly become obsolete if they can’t be upgraded. The Unique Companion Armors mod fixes this issue. Xoti, Serafen, and Tekehu default armors can now be fully upgradeable. Furthermore, this gives them starting abilities that will have multiple upgrade paths.
Trinkets are an accessory that can be equipped to provide different bonuses to your character. They all provide specific buffs that can increase DPS or hitpoints. However, only wizards, druids, and priests can use trinkets to their fullest potential.
The Trinkets mod will provide new trinkets that all classes can use. They aren’t original in terms of what buffs they deliver, but it’s better than using nothing and makes a significant difference in building your character.
Bonus Ability Points On Level Up
True customization in Pillars of Eternity 2 is granted to those who install the Bonus Ability Points mod. The mod provides considerably more ability points when you level up. To balance out the experience 4 different spec options are introduced. However, you can spec into 1 ability and make it overpowered if you’d like.
TT1 New Items
Most RPGs have effective builds that far outpower other classes. However, this makes the game imbalanced and only fun when using effective builds. The TT1 New Items mod introduces some new items that make different classes have great builds while not being overpowered. Some of these items are challenging to obtain and use, adding more depth to the game.
6 Characters In Party
As the name suggests, you can now have 6 members in your party. This adds a lot more customization as you get a new character to implement into your team. Therefore, you can build the perfect squad to meet your needs. However, there are interface glitches and some other issues when playing in RTwP mode. In other modes, the mod works great and is perfect for those looking for a unique experience.
Level Cap 33
The base level of 20 can be too low for some dedicated players. The mod will increase the cap to level 33. This means you can further customize your characters and take on significantly harder enemies. Also, the mod rebalances some enemies and other aspects so that nothing is overpowered.
Aloth Romance Extension
Aloth is a kind yet grumpy sorcerer. So if you like this character, this mod is perfect for you. The Aloth Romance Extension provides new dialogues that improve his romance option significantly. However, the mod cannot tell if you’re playing as the romancing elf or not. Therefore, some dialogues may feel out of place.
No Friendly Fire
Area of attacks in role-playing games is very common and fun to use. They can destroy grouped-up enemies, which is extremely satisfying. That is until it does damage to your party. In Pillars of Eternity 2, AoE attacks can harm your party members. No Friendly Fire solves this issue by not allowing powerful spells to hurt surrounding members. Spells like Whispers of the Endless Path and Wahai Poraga will no longer deal friendly fire.
Multiclass Level Cap Unlocked
Multiclassing is the biggest chance that a mod can do in Pillars of Eternity 2. The mod is amazing for those looking to spec into multiple classes into their character. It will unlock tiers up to the 9th, letting you unleash your character’s full potential. In addition, the mod adds 2 different progression systems. Players can select the progression system they prefer best for more customizability.
MQ Portraits Pack
You can create a unique character in Pillars of Eternity 2 but not customize your portrait… Well, not anymore with the MQ Portraits Pack. Now you’ll have more customization with your portrait and can select from 40+ different options.
Often games will create a community of players that love and enjoy the whole experience. The Community Patch showcases what can be achieved when a community comes together to change the game how they want it to be. The changes in this mod are vast and exceptionally good. There are multiple mods included inside, and you can opt out of any of them for more customization.
Enhanced User Interface
The user interface plays a major role in any RPG. It should be clean and easy to use to provide convenience to players. The Enhanced User Interface mod improves the existing vanilla interface by implementing icons, rank indicators, and color. These changes make it easier to navigate and help important data stick out.
Any mod-type PC game needs a modded cheat menu that lets players experience the game differently. This isn’t recommended for those on their first playthrough because it will ruin the experience. However, experimenting with a cheat menu can be extremely fun if you’ve been playing for a while.
The Unity Console enables a ton of cheat options that are not available in the vanilla version of the game. These cheats can heal all wounds instantly, change classes, duplicate items, use any ability, and have lots of other benefits.
Saving money in the game can be a tall order as you need to spend it on upgrades, armor, weapons, and ship add-ons. The merchants are incredibly unfair, and it doesn’t make sense to sell your items to them. The Fair Trade mods will adjust the prices reasonably so that selling your treasures is profitable. This will make finding rare loot in missions more thrill-seeking and provide the need to pick them up.
Character Creation More Colors
Pillars of Eternity 2 features brilliant customization for characters. However, the colors can seem too pale when it comes to the color palettes. The Character Creation More Colors mod will add a bigger color palette to enjoy more customization. Players can now create funny-looking or eccentric characters.
Slower Days And Longer Nights
This mod changes the day and night cycle. Instead of the regular cycle, days and nights will last 2 times longer. It’s a world immersion mod that won’t change anything in the game but will make you feel more immersed.
Answer: Color markings are often the outlines around items. It makes them easier to stand out from background terrain. Also, the color of the markings can indicate the rarety and power of the item. Pillars of Eternity 2 has 4 color markings that feature different unique aspects:
• Red – Used for NPCs, enemies, and monsters that you must kill.
• Blue – Used for names of islands, villages, towns, dungeons, and other locations.
• Green – Used for items that can be received as a reward, bought from a merchant or dropped by monsters. Also, weapons can be scattered across the map in hidden locations.
• Orange – Used for places that your character stats and skills rely on. For example, a scripted interaction or convincing an NPC of your opinion.
Answer: Tips and tricks and help players progress through the game at an easier pace. Knowing small details that will help in combat will favor players tremendously in Pillars of Eternity 2. These are the best tips to learn:
• Choose a suitable difficulty: The classic difficulty is recommended for first-time players. The game won’t be easy but will not be frustratingly challenging. It’s essential to select the difficulty that best suits you since having a fun time is most important. Players can change the difficulty at any time during the playthrough.
• Think about your main character: A new and important feature in Pillars of Eternity 2 is the option to make a multi-class character. Depending on your playstyle, create a character that suits your needs. There is a lot of diversity in the game, and mods can add more customization.
• Use stealth: Being sneaky is very helpful in multiple situations. The best use of sneaking is the stealth attacks because they can instakill enemies. Also, you can steal items from chests and pickpockets while being stealthy
• Collect useful items for exploration: Certain locations will require the use of specific items to progress. Therefore, when exploring, always stock up on lockpicks, prybars, and grappling hooks.
• Save the game frequently: Dying in Pillars of Eternity 2 is common due to stronger monsters and traps. Therefore, it’s essential to manually save before going into a difficult location. Also, ordering your party members to rest will regen their HP, which can lead to fewer deaths.
Answer: Selecting a class is perhaps the most important decision in every role-playing game. It determines what playstyle you’ll opt for during your playthrough. Selecting the mage will provide ranged attacks and unique abilities.
However, they will have weak defenses and low HP. On the other hand, you can pick a tank-type class and soak up a lot of damage. Each class is unique and has significant advantages in combat. Currently, there are 11 classes in the vanilla game:
To summarize, we’ve gone over the best Pillars of Eternity 2 mods that you can download and install right now. They all provide different improvements and quality of life changes. Some will change the dynamic of the game completely, which can provide a unique experience for gamers. Also, they are straightforward to install and take little time to download as their size is very small.
So try these mods out and see what you like best. Some mods are compatible with others, which means you can shape the game to your preferences.